Event log forwarding is a good way to consolidate all event logs in a central location or to a central server (Syslog, etc.) to reduce the hassle of logging into every server and checking logs individually. A couple of benefits to forward event logs in Windows are as follows:
- Specify Certain Events to be Forwarded by ID, source, Type or whatever other parameter you would like to specify.
- Store Events for Auditing purposes.
- Consolidate and Filter Events in One Location/Server.
Innovare's EventLog-Forwarder is an easy-to-use to forward Windows EventLogs to a central Syslog Server. The EventLog-Forwarder can act in three modes: TCP, UPD or SSL, where the latter is preferred as logs are sent SSL encrypted over the network The usage of the EventLog-Forwarder is as simple as it gets:
- Just fetch it from hour GitHub https://github.com/innovarew//eventlog-forwarder.
- And, change the
%server%variable to point to your central Syslog server.
- Last, schedule an hourly/daily cron task to execute the BATCH file.
If you need more Information contact us.